Welcome to IAT Library
Providing highly conducive environment to private study and research. A wide range of course reference works and books of general interest are available within the library to enable the institutions excellent academic performance.
To carry out basic functions of acquiring, organizing and disseminating information in support of the IAT vision more specifically, to meet the study, teaching, research and outreach information needs for sustainable academic development.
IAT Campus library endeavours to create a virtual and physical environment that supports the IAT community in efforts to discover and access vital information, that encourages independent exploration in the pursuit of academic excellence.
Opening and closing hours
The library opens at 0830 and closes at 1800 every Monday – Friday.
The library opens at 0900 and closes at 1300 on Saturdays.
The library remains closed on Sundays and all public holidays.
The library is open to: - IAT campus students, IAT staff
SERVICES OF THE LIBRARY
1. The library provides materials and resources for information, entertainment, intellectual development, and enrichment of the people of the community. The library also:
2. Select, organize, and make available necessary books and materials.
3. Offers conducive and comfortable reading space
4. Enables borrowing and lending of books and research material.
5. Provides guidance and assistance to patrons.
6. Allows for information searching through – OPAC, electronic databases, CD-ROM, Internet.
7. Cooperate with other community agencies and organizations.
8. Secures information beyond its own resources when requested. (Using interlibrary loan and other resource sharing methods provided through the system and state.)
9. Maintains a balance in its services to various age groups.
10. Provides service during hours which best meet the needs of the community, including evening and weekend hours.
11. Regularly review library services being offered.
Library privileges for patrons who are currently enrolled at the Institution start with the first day of the semester and expire seven days after the last day of the semester.
Student card must be presented in order to borrow library materials.
The following library materials cannot be borrowed:
· Reference materials – dictionaries, Bible, Atlas
· Research projects
This collection contains, mainly text books found on the open shelves which can be borrowed for use outside the library premises for a duration determined by user category.
The collection includes text books, periodical articles, IAT’s past examination papers, newspapers and audio visual materials e.g. Optical discs. The special collection materials are meant for use within the library but the optical discs may be loaned out.
Reference materials are for use in the library ONLY. This collection is used to answer quick reference questions. It comprises of dictionaries, encyclopedias, Who’s who, yearbooks, almanacs, gazetteers, encyclopedias etc.